Saturday, January 16, 2016

A little about what I do for a living!


My Realtor photo! 
I read people's blogs and occasionally wonder why they blog, what they do for their real jobs, etc.. Well, just in case you were wondering. I am a Realtor in Houston, Texas. I've also always had an ongoing interest in the culinary arts and had the luck to learn from one of the most respected chef's in the world, Jacques Pepin. I took technique classes from Chef Pepin and have built on that knowledge to become a formidable home cook. In my career I have done a lot writing which explains how this blog was born. I enjoy writing about food and restaurants and look forward to watching the blog evolve.  

My background includes, media/communications and marketing. I decided to reinvent myself a couple of years ago, and actually carried through with the lunacy in June of 2015. I still work as a strategic marketing consultant but I have really enjoyed real estate and I'm staying busier than I ever expected.  I have completed several sales, leases and enjoy working with both buyers and sellers. 

An Oasis in the heart of Tanglewood I recently had on the market was quickly snapped up.  
My philosophy is to help others, the same way I would like to be helped when it comes to one of the biggest decisions my clients will ever make in their lives. Where will they live?  I always appreciate a no pressure approach when it comes to life and take that approach with my clients. I listen to their needs, preferences, and criteria and respond with targeted choices that meet their requirements. It's working out pretty well so far.  I had a call from a recent customer a few weeks ago that put things in perspective for me. He called just as he was pulling into the driveway of his new home and said, 
"I love my house. I just wanted to tell you that I still can't actually believe it's ours. Thank you for finding our dream home". 

That phone call confirmed that I am doing the right thing at this point in my life. I am lucky to have had my start with Andrea Snoddy & Associates, a boutique agency. Andrea is a stellar realtor with over 26 years of experience and she is always there for her customers and her agents. I look forward to what the future will bring in my new career.  But most of all I can't wait to meet my next customers. Please let me know if I can help you buy or sell a home in the Houston area. You can reach me at 832.483.6604, email: jkaras@andreasnoddy.com or visit my page at Houston Area Realtors (HAR) to explore available consumer search tools and to send me specifics about your property search.





No comments:

Post a Comment